In this course participants will be engaged in the use of Lego NXT-G programming language software on their computers to prepare them for programming LEGO Mindstorms Robot. You will become familiar with LEGO vocabulary and parts of the LEGO Mindstorms Kit. You will build several autonomous robots models using structural components of a robot and math, science, and engineering principles to design, build, test, and operate your robots. Capping off this course will be programming your robot to perform a specific task. Students will team up and work in pairs, group of three or four Students.
This course will develope the following skills:
- Communication & teamwork.
- Creative problem solving.
- Think creatively to make a working model.
- Develop communication skills.
- Brainstorm ideas.
- Display and summarize data.
- Think logically to create a program.
- Hands-on experience with the Robotics design & building process.
- Basic mechanical engineering concepts.
- Basic programming concepts.
Who Should Attend?
Ages 7-10 | No Programming Experience Required
This Robotics courses are designed for aspiring robot builders. The experience is also great for kids who love to build things and want to learn more about programming and mechanical concepts. These courses will challenge young minds to think critically and work together with others to solve problems.
Each Level Duration: Twice per week, total of 16 hours